WednesdayThursdayFridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesday
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Men-of-Bree Forum Index -> Creep Tips & Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doodah_

re: Tricks to questing on the Creepside.

If you wait till night time the bears near Golloval turn into Trolls. Clear a path to Golloval and then hit him. Then run straight down the hill, jumping off that 1 small hill right into the Troll camp. 2 trolls then kill it for you. Happy

The drakes in Isenguard and the Orc guards that patrol Isenguard are KOS towards one another. (KOS =Kill on Sight). But, if you pull a Blue drake into 3 of them the drake will win. What you do is wait till there are 2 groups of guards and then pull it. Or let the drake kill the 1st set then gain its aggro again and pull it into the next set. Takes a bit of doing but it can be done solo.

While your in Isenguard keep in mind that the Coldfell guards also patrol the area, and they KOS the Orc guards. Help the Orc's kill these guards and you can get credit for killing them along with Elf ears, leg's of men and sergeants badges.

Another trick I've been doing is to go to the ColdFell Outpost. Its south of the Grimwood camp. From the front, when Creeps own it, you can pull the nearest 3 ents to it and the guards kill them. These ents drop 4 different quest items for the Grimwood fort. Hearts, saplings, logs and kindling.

You can also, likewise, do this to the dwarf camp near the western entrance to the Isenguard mines, but only at night. Once again, at night, the bears on that mountain range turn into Trolls. But instead of pulling the dwarves to the trolls I found a way to pull the Trolls into that dwarf camp. Then all you do is hit each dwarf at least once, tagging it as your kill then let the trolls kill them. Just be careful because if/when the troll dies all those dwarves are gonna rush you. Hope you have your running shoes on. These dwarves also drop quite a few quest items including ores, dwarf beards and sometimes oil.

I'll post more as I learn them.
Ilthandir
Officer

re: Re: Tricks to questing on the Creepside.

Doodah_ wrote:
If you wait till night time the bears near Golloval turn into Trolls. Clear a path to Golloval and then hit him. Then run straight down the hill, jumping off that 1 small hill right into the Troll camp. 2 trolls then kill it for you. Happy

Good trick and it works! I remember doing this back in 07-08 on my creeps on Vilya.

Doodah_ wrote:
The drakes in Isenguard and the Orc guards that patrol Isenguard are KOS towards one another. (KOS =Kill on Sight). But, if you pull a Blue drake into 3 of them the drake will win. What you do is wait till there are 2 groups of guards and then pull it. Or let the drake kill the 1st set then gain its aggro again and pull it into the next set. Takes a bit of doing but it can be done solo.

There are a bunch of drakes out the middle entrance/exit at Isen, 3-4 creeps can farm these ones pretty quick for the 2 quests out of TR/Isen. Done this a few times with my tribe so far.

Doodah_ wrote:
While your in Isenguard keep in mind that the Coldfell guards also patrol the area, and they KOS the Orc guards. Help the Orc's kill these guards and you can get credit for killing them along with Elf ears, leg's of men and sergeants badges.

Love this one for easy kills on my way to do the Isen reinforcements daily. Be sure to do that daily its easy with the 1min map to Grams and credits your map deed.

Doodah_ wrote:
Another trick I've been doing is to go to the ColdFell Outpost. Its south of the Grimwood camp. From the front, when Creeps own it, you can pull the nearest 3 ents to it and the guards kill them. These ents drop 4 different quest items for the Grimwood fort. Hearts, saplings, logs and kindling.

This one rocks for LC quests, 3 ents and a few of the little guys and you are done the quest. If your tribe hasnt done a OP yet its worth grabbing that op.

Doodah_ wrote:
You can also, likewise, do this to the dwarf camp near the western entrance to the Isenguard mines, but only at night. Once again, at night, the bears on that mountain range turn into Trolls. But instead of pulling the dwarves to the trolls I found a way to pull the Trolls into that dwarf camp. Then all you do is hit each dwarf at least once, tagging it as your kill then let the trolls kill them. Just be careful because if/when the troll dies all those dwarves are gonna rush you. Hope you have your running shoes on. These dwarves also drop quite a few quest items including ores, dwarf beards and sometimes oil.

Thanks for this one Doodah; I didnt know about it! Whoot!

Thinthelas

Yep thx, Ilthandir and I were doing a litle creeping yesterday and he let me in on a few of these. Nice to see it as a post I can refer back to from time to time. Thx

I was trying to recruit people and found a guy who was making new Toons and playing them for 20 minutes. then wiping them and recreating only to do the same process ovr and over. He claims that he gets about 1000 comms per hour doing it. He also said that the best alt to do so on was a Reaver because of the sprint skill. (The only way you can do this is if you are either ViP or bought some other Class. Only the reaver is free to play and you can only have 1 of each class creepside. )

Darkfir wrote:

Securing the front, poison hoardale, status report, then all the maps quests you get at Grams, then you turn in deed to tyrant and get maps

240 comms and if you run it strait it takes 14-19 minuts

my path is Lugs, DG, TA, LC, TR, hoardale, then grams...all done

So I said "But aren't you losing the infamy you would get from the quests?"

Darkfir wrote:

not the most sporting of stuff to do, but when you have stacks of 100 of all quest items, there is no need to farm, and when there is nothring to flip and no freeps it is the best usage of my time

I will probably start doing this daily as well to farm Comms. Maybe you should too?
Doodah_

So, after running this 4 times it seems its 280 comms for 15-20 minutes running the map.

Get the start quests. Then when they are done get

Poisoning the Hoardale.
Securing the Front
into the Grimwood
Report to Dâr-gazag, Maggot
Get to grothum, maggot.
Report to Lugazag.
To Tirith Rhaw
To Tol Ascarnen
Status Report

I do it as a Reaver. turn on your 25% run increase and put your charge! skill on the 1 hotkey.

I run through Isendeep into Grothum. Turn in the quest at Grothum. then run straight down the frozen river to Poison the water. Then straight off the waterfall to TA. You no sooner touch land across the river and its scouted. Then a quick dash over to TR.
(If you die off the waterfall go to TR first then to TA)

Then go south to Grimwood Lumber Camp , scout it, then off to Dâr-gazag. talk to that quet guy. Its the first set. Guy on the left. Then off to Lugazag. Guy on the ramp to turn the quest in then Map to Gram to turn the rest in.

Not a bad run. It's interesting learning the best ways to go. Got 1500 comms for like an hours running around. Happy That's what? 1 rank Audacity for 4 hours work?
Ilthandir
Officer

wow... all i can say is wow...

I will definitely be doing this at some point. I need 5 more audacity on one toon...

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Men-of-Bree Forum Index -> Creep Tips & Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: