WednesdayThursdayFridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesday
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Celimbror

re: Lore and more

I have lately become fascinated with the Nandor Elves (Silvan).

Not exactly sure why though. Maybe because of the fact they did not travel to Valinor or migrate with the Sindar Elves and etc.

Haldir is one of the Silvan Elves (and one of my favorite characters) :D

What do you guys think of the Silvan Elves and their history?
Celimbror

And on a side note, another reason for this new found love for the Silvan Elves lore is because of Lothlorien. Love the history of the place and the mixture of the Noldorian/Sindar/Silvan influences in their society and architecture. Happy
Napalm_Prime
Officer

I gotta buy a new copy of the Silmarilllion, that's what I think. I know a lot of this is distilled online, but I like having the books. Anyhow, I seem to recall all the different names basically started when Feanor went hunting for Morgoth when he stole the Silmarils. Been a while since I have read it so I may be wrong. One of the things I always wondered about was what happened to the other Elves, Men and Dwarves that spread to the South and across the continent. I know Tolkien described what he thought the rest of Middle Earth looked like, but I don't think he ever drew it.

Many years back Iron Crown Enterprises made a pen and paper Middle Earth RPG. That was back when I still played those, and I still have a bunch of the works from it. The authors did a really interesting and great job expounding on some of the tings Tolkien touched on. For instance, Gondor West of Minas Tirith is heavily populated with many human cities. Pretty much every other human city is podunksville until you get in that area.

Next time I post into one of these threads I'll either have a copy of the book or one of the websites I like open.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Men-of-Bree Forum Index -> LOTR Lore All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: