WednesdayThursdayFridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesday
B'Day - Naethmir
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Celimbror

re: The Hobbit

I immensely enjoyed The Hobbit and loved the fact that they added in a bit of the history of why some things were happening around the Dwarves adventure to Erebor

However the stone giants were the only thing that set me off

Overall still a fantastic film Happy got to see the midnight premiere of it!

Celimbror
Minestriol

re: lore

I just saw the commercial for The Hobbit! Decmber 14th! WOO HOO!
Androthelm
Council

I agree with the earlier point about Thorin looking noble, and I was excited to hear how PJ did the Dwarves' song.
On another point, is there anyone here who's a member of the lotrplaza?
Napalm_Prime
Officer

Myself, I thought the movies could have used a little more blood and gore. Tolkien didn't get too graphic in most of his writing on this count, leaving it to the imagination. But you can't do that in film media very well, or you get something like those slightly awful Hobbit and Return of the King animated movies. My biggest points of contention with the movies are really focused on "The Two Towers". I was ok with Aragorn and Eowyn having the attraction and tension from it. That actually is alluded to in the book. But the way Faramir acted, and the ring wraith nearly getting Frodo to put the ring on in Osgilliath. That was too much. At that point in the story, Sauron was of such strength (if I recall correctly he could take physical form once again) that if any of his servants were that close to the ring, it would have been lights out. I am sure Mr. Jackson was trying to convey the tension and desperation in the story, I just think he blew it right there. Maybe people who knew nothing or very little of the story wouldn't have cared. Overall though, I am very glad that he is the one that got to make them. I loved the cinematography and the actors did a great job. I look forward to The Hobbit, and I don't think I would be if Mr. Jackson weren't the one heading it.
TestoBlaster

Funny, because when I saw the picture of Thorin for the first time I was immediately convinced he is a King under the mountain in exile. There is something in his eyes.. He looks noble in a rough way.

Can't wait his death scene where he says those undying words to Bilbo <3
Minestriol

I have to agree on both parts. It doesn't do justice to their appearance and it will ROCK!!!
Gmakeno

i saw some trailers of the hobbit, i was kind of dissapointed with the way the dwarfs look, didnt seem dwarfish enough, gimli looked the part not sure if thorin oakenshield does or the others, that said, i cant wait for the movie, it almost surely has to be great
Androthelm
Council

I could have said it better
THE HOBBIT MOVIE IS GOING TO ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Two full lines of exclamation points always does the trick.

Also,
An interesting topic on another LotR site-

What would Tolkien have thought of Peter Jackson's take on his story?
Personally, I think Tolkien would have enjoyed the shots of Gondor and the scenes in Lorien, but otherwise, it would be too violent for his taste. He actually said pretty much the same thing about an earlier screenplay of the LotR
brandondano
Officer

Minestriol wrote:
Good idea, Gmakeno. I'll start us off.

ahem. (clears throat) THE HOBBIT IS GONNA ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

couldnt have said it better myself

Good idea, Gmakeno. I'll start us off.

ahem. (clears throat) THE HOBBIT IS GONNA ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gmakeno

I thought maybe a lore forum would be fun for those that are lore nuts, such as myself, so use this forum for that, or have you found a character in the LOTRO world, or, event that is part of the rich lore of lotr, or wish to discuss the books or the movies, or the upcoming Hobbit movie, this is the place.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Men-of-Bree Forum Index -> LOTR Lore All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: