ThursdayFridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesday
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Androthelm
Council

re: Leader returned

TES:O is actually not F2P. It's currently $60 entry fee, then another $15 a month. It's a good game... but that's a hard price for them to hit.

Rabamir
(((Rab)))
Council

Hello - and nice to hear from you again.

Yes I agree with you and as I returned for Helms deep and was disappointed as I took Rabamir upto lvl 94 and would have barely liked the mass battles as you needed a group and there wasnt many ppl available for and would have been a challenge for the duo allowed in group - I have had a medical problem which has kept me away again from the game :( but hopefully will be back later to check it out - I did retain the leadership of MoB but had to decline it as I had to leave so MoB would really have had to return to building it back up because there was only a few left online. And with the Hobbit coming out Lotro will also have competition when the trilogy is finished.

I have been following the Elder Scrolls  for many years and they will be ElderScrolls online early next year (pc 4.4.14) and they have not got many worlds like Lotro or WOW but follow Eve in which all their worlds are placed into one so there should be many available for group play and they have 3 alliances of which have many quests etc in their own alliance territories and which fight vs each other as in pvp and covering all of Tamriel. These territories was only used as an added part in their many expansions and of which all fight vs a central opponent in Cyrrodil - it is rpg and is starting a new concept and from the videos will be awesome.If this works then like Eve the gaming experience with world shards will disappear and everyone will be interacting with each other. So quests etc will have chance for multi-players.

Returning to Wow - I have played WOW off and on for 8 yrs and have a few maxed characters and led guilds with promotion in others but as I was saying earlier the Elder Scrolls was my first and seeing them come online I will be giving them a chance plus I have played Eve for many yrs also which have the first 'sandbox' experience which I like which was also open ended like The Elder Scrolls - oh The ElderScrolls Online is also F2P which will bring practically all in to try it and also will be be another reason servers will become even more depleted. 

I hope you have a good time in WOW but be careful of hackers as my signin had been compromised before and lost entry with suspension though i had done nothing wrong which was just before I came back into Lotro when you was in the council of MoB. If you decide to checkout the Elderscrolls stay in touch through this post as I will.

cya and take care. 

Well you certainly won't see me around anymore. I quit the game a few months ago and I don't intend on ever taking lotro up again. IMO Turbine has only gone down with RoR, and I won't even bother to check out Helm's Deep. Turbine has been releasing poor quality content for a ridiculously high price for over a year now, and I'm certainly not the only one thinking that, because lotro's subscribtions are dropping badly. If Turbine keeps this up, you can expect a server shutdown within two years. 

Me I have tried World of Warcraft and I really liked it, nice gameplay, more of a 'fantasy' feeling than lotro, more worth for the money (I mean, a month of game time + all content except Mists of Pandaria, for 15 bucks), a better community (honestly), and way more friendly raiders, because when a n00b wanted to start raiding in lotro, they would have to learn real fast, because the veteran raiders were so impatient, so aggressive, that you didn't even get the chance to learn. I have had 1 or 2 maxed out toons for like a year and I still couldn't raid when I quit lotro. Now in WoW there are of course ragers, but there are plenty of nice people who spend their time teaching n00bs how to raid. 

But maybe the best thing that makes Blizzard>Turbine is because they actually HELP you when you submit a ticket. In lotro I think I have submitted about 10 tickets over my 2 and a half year of playtime, and i ever got 2 responses. Now I had a little trouble in WoW, I submitted a ticket, I get a response the next day telling me exactly what is wrong and what I should do to fix it, so yeah, that pretty much convinced me.

I've been playing WoW for one and a half month now, and I must say, I have had more fun than I had playing lotro since the release of RoR.

Now I'm not trying to pull you away from lotro, and it's cool for you that you're back, but I'm just saying that if you ever think Turbine is a group of money hunting pieces of shit,you are certainly not the only one. 

Well, now my rant is over, it's goof to hear from you again Rabamir :)

Rabamir
(((Rab)))
Council

Hi - I hope some older members will reply to this post as MOB has been dead for a while now and hopefully I can revive them again to continue the fight vs Sauron and join the battles of Helm's Deep as a unit vs the evil throng amassed  against us. I hope to hear from you soon. 

Jump to: